Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mini-me(s)!

Day 9:  Faceless Self-portrait

Yes, they are feet.
But beyond how dang good looking my feet are,
there is another story here.
This is about the kind of mum I am.
The other two sets of [little people] feet belong to my two boys.
Yes, I painted their toes.
It was the first time, but not the last.
And I've even painted their fingernails too.
I don't feel the least guilty or bad about it either.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all.
And if my boys want to be like me and do the things I do, I say "have at it".
Time marches quickly and the days when we can get away with this sort of thing are limited.
Besides I want my kids to be exactly who THEY want to be.
Not what the world thinks they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss