Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me...

Day 7:  something new

New?
What's that?
I have three kids and one income coming in.
We don't do "new".

But I suppose this might qualify.


This is Elvis.
We got him about a month and a half ago.
He was bigger than all the other 'keets in the cage and sat perched on the very tippy top spot.
The epitome of the "king".
So first we were calling him "the King".
Which of course, morphed into Elvis.
For 2 days he was silent.
I started to think we misnamed him!
And then he started to sing...

Yep, he's still got it.

I love this little guy and want to keep him toasty warm in the frigid Maine winter months.
Which are quickly approaching, dang it!
Sooooo, I made him this:


I didn't sleep well on night #1, worrying that the flannel backing was going to be too heavy,
and suffocate him.
Phew!
Big sigh of relief.
The big guy is A-OK!

I made it from old fabric I had laying around and recycled flannel receiving blankets.
Everything old is NEW again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss